Taminmin College’s primary mode of communication for students and families is via Compass, a School Management System. Compass provides families the ability to notify their child’s absences, communicate with teachers, check schedules, keep track of learning tasks and view and download reports.
Parents/Guardians will be issued with an individual login name and password. Importantly, Compass login details need to be kept private.
Compass is a web-based system that can be accessed at Compass Education.
The Compass School Manager App provides mobile functionalities for all users and can be downloaded for IOS (via the App Store) and Android (via the Google Play Store).
Families are encouraged to download the Compass App to their smart phone/tablet device.
Once logged into Compass Parents/Guardians are able to:
- Enter details of upcoming absences or explain past absences or late arrivals view
- View up-to-date attendance information
- Student timetable and school calendar
- Access reports
- View a newsfeed of school announcements, alerts and updates
- Communicate by email with teachers
- View current learning tasks status
- Access to school documentation
- Update personal details
Taminmin College does not utilise all aspects of Compass